Fire Safety Inspecting Officer
The role of the Fire Safety Inspecting Officer is critical to preventing fires before they start. The post holder carries out inspections, audit and sometime investigation on fire safety. Depending on the outcome of these inspections, there may be a requirement to take action depending on compliance ranging from providing fire safety advice or taking formal enforcement action.
After carrying out these inspections, the Fire Safety Inspecting Officer will be required to analyse the information gathered and present findings in reports and case files that may support enforcement action and evidence in court.
The role also entails analysing and interpreting building & planning submissions to advise the regulating authorities on compliance with fire safety requirements to ensure public and community safety. In addition the Fire Safety Inspecting Officer will develop and deliver advice to members of the public, businesses and stakeholder through fire safety campaign and initiatives.
What can you local Fire & Rescue Service offer you should you apply?
- A remuneration package including pension plan (each service has its own benefits package which can be discussed)
- Flexible working opportunities to accommodate lifestyle changes
- Fully funded professional development in completing Level 3 and Level 4 fire safety qualifications to Diploma level.
- The chance to work autonomously, following your own experience and learning to make decisions but also lean on your peers and team when you need it
- A range of benefits, which may include sports and social facilities, free gym access, access to the services of the Firefighters Charity, and on-going professional training
- A supportive team environment where you can make a positive impact at work and in the community
- Opportunities for career progression within Fire Safety, Fire Safety Management, or other career pathways within the organisation
Salary circa £21,000 - £42,000 per year (dependent on experience and location)
Do you want to help the Fire & Rescue Service protect the local community and think you have the skills to become a Fire Safety Inspecting Officer? Click here to see the full job role description and apply today!